horncups.com

PHC Horn Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Mega PHC Order
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

PHC have ordered the biggest PHC order ever in the long history of PHC.

All PHC rims in all finishes. All PHC Cups whether Standard Cups, "Z" Cups as well as Stainless Steel and Bronze.

The new boss of PHC is Mike Bosley and Mike can be contacted at mikebosley@hotmail.co.uk

As Paxman are waiting for an order from PHC as well as an order of their own mouthpieces we need to allow a bit of time for them all to be made and delivered but this does represent a substantial investment in the future of PHC!

Good news :D

Post subject: Re: New Mega PHC Order
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:58 am 

That's very good news 8-)

This may have been discussed before, but what are the effects of stainless steel and bronze cups on sound and response?

Post subject: Re: New Mega PHC Order
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Nigel Black is using a stainless steel PHC cup now and he says that "there is more front on the notes". The players who have played or are playing bronze cups feel that they help them produce a full warm sound.

I was first attracted to the concept by the testimonials on a US mouthpiece site.

http://www.gwmouthpieces.com/testimonials.html

"Oh Man! - - I'll tell you already.....I used this mouthpiece last week on a quintet tour with my "pre-war" Alex. 6v. F tuba, the tone was more centered than ever and response was so much quicker, I found myself having to "hold back" on the amount of air needed to produce an initial response. Also - - - tonight with the Wichita Symphony using the same "Bora" mouthpiece on my 5/4 Rudy Meinl CC, doing Prok. Romeo and Juliette, the control of dynamics both loud and soft was unbelievable!! Able to "bury the orchestra or match the PPP soli w/ the basses" as needed - - what an AWESOME mouthpiece."

"Results are what I am after when searching for a mouthpiece. Clarity, sonority and richness of sound are obvious qualities that I find are present in this stainless steel mouthpiece. The high quality, engineering and workmanship that has gone into the development of this piece is exactly what I have been looking for. Air efficiency, reliability, accuracy and presence of sound in either a supporting bass line or for a solo line are all attributes found in (this mouthpiece). For extreme dynamics, flexibility of tone color and blending capabilities, this mouthpiece has all these features and more."

Don Harwood
Bass Trombonist
New York Philharmonic

Last bumped by TonyC on Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:58 pm.