horncups.com

PHC Horn Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: LPO/ Eschenbach/ Brahms 1/ BBC Radio 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:57 pm 

Shalom! :geek:

http://carmina.ytmnd.com/ (Don't forget to turn up the sound)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:25 pm 

Brilliant Eric :) eh are there two Allans in Welshpool or is this the same chap - shame
he gets terribly upset - not good for the hypertension (or hornplaying) :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:33 pm 

I figured by the two L spelling it is the same person. Which reminds me of a little poem:

A one L lama is a priest
A two L llama is a beast
A three L lllama is a hell of a fire
:)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 pm 

Both of the Allan_Ws are Alan Wiltshire. "Retail". "Weshpool"! No horn players live in Welshpool.

:o

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:12 am 

Quote:
Both of the Allan_Ws

Something wrong with your eyesight? :roll: I don't see any 'Allan_W's,
One of them is Allan_1955 and the other is Allan_1960 (although they are probably the same because the 1955 one complained about being 'banned' from this forum)

Quote:
No horn players live in Welshpool

Sorry but that confident assertion is rubbish.
Allan Smart (nice guy, Vienna horn anorak, met him a couple of years ago at the Bridgnorth Festival) lives in Sylfaen, Castle Caereinion, WELSHPOOL. :geek:
Look him up on 192.com if you don't believe me. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:08 am 

Hmm...
1. 'Allan' Smart isn't 'Allan', he's Alan (one L); I know because I was once in discussion with him about buying a Vienna horn. :geek:

2. CASTLE CAEREINION is about 6 miles from Welshpool, although I suppose its postal address is Welshpool. Bit of a slender thread, really? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 pm 

"Allan_1955" posted this message on March 17th.

"I don't quite know why you feel it necessary to put my given name inside apostrophes/ quote marks. If it's an attempt to be either humorous, cynical or downright rude, I'm not falling for it. There are player members of this board who don't feel the need to shelter behind the craven anonymity of a pseudonym and I am one of them"

"Cordially,
Allan Wolstencraft"

This makes him 'AW' but he says "there are player members of this board who don't feel the need to shelter behind the craven anonymity of a pseudonym and I am one of them" so he cannot be any other AW, can he?

:o

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:48 pm 

Quote:
Allan_1955" posted this message on March 17th.

"I don't quite know why you feel it necessary to put my given name inside apostrophes/ quote marks. If it's an attempt to be either humorous, cynical or downright rude, I'm not falling for it. There are player members of this board who don't feel the need to shelter behind the craven anonymity of a pseudonym and I am one of them"

"Cordially,
Allan Wolstencraft"

This makes him 'AW' but he says "there are player members of this board who don't feel the need to shelter behind the craven anonymity of a pseudonym and I am one of them" so he cannot be any other AW, can he?

Does it really MATTER?
WHAT has 'AW' done to upset you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:35 pm 

Quote:
Both of the Allan_Ws are Alan Wiltshire

I'm no fan of Mr Wiltshire but surely, this is 'Paranoia gone mad'? :roll:
is every person called Alan with a surname beginning with a 'W' to be vilified, mistrusted, indeed BANNED from this forum (as Allan_1955 was) just because he might be the guy who runs a horn shop in Gloucester?
I have a horn-playing colleague and friend, Andrew West, who has now shied away from registering on this forum because of all the 'A-W' bashing that goes on, as his initials are 'A.W.'
I was under the impression that this relatively new forum wasn't going to go down the 'bitter and twisted' road of the old one, where the sheer volume of 'H.AP.' /A.W. bashing was so great that nobody could really blame that person, whatever his faults, for becoming rather litigious.
:|

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 am 

I too am getting tired of the AW stuff on here. Some of us are getting into a rut over it - a case of "forgetting nothing and learning nothing".

It is common knowledge that Alan Wiltshire divides opinion amongst those who have had dealings with him; common knowledge, too, that on occasions he has exerted pressure to have uncomplimentary comments on this and the old forum removed.

It is a fact that, a while back, he was involved in a court case concerning his business, which he lost.

As far as I am concerned, that is the sum total of what can legitimately be expressed in a public forum; comments which go further than this ought to be confined to private communication. If individuals want "inside information" they probably know who to contact.

Is it now too much to hope that we can move on?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next